Med First has been working hard to ensure that we continue to serve you during this challenging time, and we want you to know that your continued health, safety and access to medical care is of utmost importance to us. While our medical offices remain open for those patients who need or want to keep existing appointments, we also offer virtual visits (telemedicine) for primary care, family medicine and urgent care needs. Rest assured that while you may be practicing social distancing, this does not mean that you have to give up on, or put your medical care on hold. Offering you virtual visits means that you do not have to leave the safety and comfort of your home in order to speak to a Med First healthcare provider about a new or ongoing health concern and these visits are covered by many insurance carriers.
Please remember that for your health and wellbeing, even during this challenging time, it is important to keep your appointments, especially if you have a chronic condition like diabetes, asthma or heart disease. If you are taking prescription medications, it is important to continue taking them as prescribed, unless otherwise directed by your Med First Provider. If you need a refill or have a question regarding your prescriptions or are experiencing a new healthcare concern, feel free to call or go online to inquire about scheduling a virtual visit with us. Most insurance carriers will cover these visits, but if needed, we also have special self-pay rates available.
Rest assured that all of our clinics are taking special precautions to protect the health and safety of our patients and employees so you can remain confident in keeping your appointment at Med First but if you are unable to come in, or you just want to stay at home, we have virtual visits available as well.
* Not all insurance carriers will cover this benefit, please call ahead to verify.
What to expect on your Telemedicine (Virtual) Visit:
- Please have your current insurance information ready.
- Please have a form of payment ready for your insurance co-pay – Credit or debit cards only.
- Please have a list of current medications and any allergies.
- You will need the ability to receive a text message OR an email.
- You will need the ability to open an email link in a web browser.
- You will be asked specific health questions by our Medical team prior to speaking to your Provider.
- You will be connected to your Provider virtually and will be able to see each other via your camera on your phone or computer.
Our overall goal is to continue to provide care for you as we would our own families by providing high quality and compassionate healthcare so please remember to call ahead. If you are unable to get through to someone during the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, please call Outreach at (910) 455-0052.