We know there is a lot of talk about the Coronavirus right now and although at this time, this virus is NOT currently spreading around the community in the United States, Med First would like to keep you informed.
- What Coronavirus is:
- The Coronavirus is a virus identified as the source of an onset of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.
- Situation in United States:
- Person-to-person spread has been seen among close contacts of returned travelers from Wuhan, but at this time, this virus is NOT currently spreading in the community in the United States.
CDC Recommended Coronavirus Preventative Actions
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday healthy habits that can help prevent viral infections. If you will be traveling or have traveled recently, the CDC has guidelines for travelers here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
For more information on the Coronavirus: