Need a rapid test near you? Med First offers rapid COVID-19 testing at all locations across the Carolinas. These FDA-EUA authorized tests from Quidel and Abbott produce objective and reliable results in as little as 15 minutes!
Both the antigen and the molecular point-of-care tests use a nasal swab to detect the virus that causes COVID-19. In molecular testing, a unique section of the coronavirus genome is recognized and detected, while in antigen testing, unique proteins from the virus that causes COVID-19 are detected. Both types of rapid tests are accurate and can deliver results to your Med First Provider within 15 minutes.
Who can get a rapid COVID-19 test?
Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should contact a medical professional for evaluation (e.g., fever, cough, difficulty breathing). You can find a list of COVID-19 symptoms here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
What are the known and potential benefits and risks of the test?
Potential benefits include:
- The results, along with other information, can help you and your healthcare provider make informed recommendations about your care and activities in your community.
- The results of this test may help limit the spread of COVID-19 to your family and others in your community
- Early detection can accelerate care, reduce viral spread, and help people get on the road to recovery sooner.
Potential risks include:
- Possible discomfort or other complications that can happen during sample collection.
- Possible incorrect test result.
Where to Find Rapid COVID-19 Testing?
Rapid testing is now available at the following Med First locations:
- Urgent Care- Jacksonville
- Chapel Hill
- Wake Forest
- Sneads Ferry
- South Jacksonville
- Emerald Isle
- James City
- New Bern
How To Schedule Rapid COVID-19 Testing:
You can schedule your rapid COVID-19 test at one of the above locations, by calling ahead, scheduling online, or walking in. Please be aware that due to the overwhelming demand for the rapid test, in order to avoid extended wait times, we recommend you call ahead or request an appointment online.