If you have recently moved, have a new health plan or if for a different reason you need a new Primary Care Provider, Med First can help you!
Having a Primary Care provider is a very important part of your healthcare. Even if you don’t frequently need a visit, your Primary Care is where you will have your routine physicals or where you will go if you catch a bug or if you need a referral to a specialist. Your Primary Care Provider should be familiar with your medical history and you should see them, at minimum for routine screenings and wellness exams.
So, what do you do if you need a new Primary Care Provider? Below are two steps you will need to take.
- Check with your insurance company for a list of “in-network” doctors and providers. This will help you avoid a surprise “out-of-network” charge. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card or go online to your insurance website to find their provider directory.
- Next you will need to find out if that Provider is accepting new patients and how soon you can get in to establish care with them; that will be your initial meeting or establish care visit.
Why choose Med First?
- At Med First, we are proud to say that we always keep schedule availability for our new patients and will be able to get you in to see one of our qualified providers without the long wait that is typical at other practices!
- We believe in accessible healthcare and that is why we accept a wide selection of insurances plans. Would you like to see if your insurance plan is included? Find the list of accepted insurances here https://www.thinkmedfirst.com/accepted-insurance/
- Because we believe in accessible healthcare, we have many locations that you can choose from for your Primary Care home, but should you be traveling away from home and need an urgent care visit, we have you covered there as well! Our teams across all our sites share an integrated EMR system, so whether you are home, or away, our Providers will have your medical history available to them in order to provide you with the best care and treatment plan for you.
- We see and treat a wide variety of conditions as well as offer many different services. You can see the list here https://www.thinkmedfirst.com/services/
- Our providers are compassionate, detail oriented, knowledgeable and ready to meet you! See what our patients are saying about our teams here https://www.thinkmedfirst.com/about-us/testimonials/
This New Year let Med First partner with you in having a healthy year!