Med First is happy to announce that we now have the FDA authorized COVID-19 rapid antibody test available at all locations. If you have wondered if you have Covid-19 Antibodies and would like to find out, read below for answers to frequently asked questions and schedule your appointment, today!
What is the Covid-19 Antibody Test and who should get it?
- This test is an antibody test that uses a blood sample from the fingertip to assess if you have IgM and IgG antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19, with results available in 15 minutes.
- This test has been authorized by the FDA under an EUA.
- It is not known how long antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 will remain present in the body after infection. Nor is it known whether having antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 will protect you from getting infected again or help reduce the severity or duration of a future COVID-19 infection. Regardless of your test result, you should continue to follow CDC guidelines to reduce the risk of infection, including social distancing and wearing masks.
- If you have a positive test result, it is possible that you have or previously had COVID-19 and that you have developed an antibody response to the virus. It does not mean that you are immune to the virus.
- A negative test result means that the antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 were not found in your sample. A negative result may occur if you are tested early in your illness and your body has not had time to produce antibodies to the virus.
- It can take 1-3 weeks after infection to make antibodies, so this test is not used to show if you have a current infection.
- Who is this test for?
- Anyone that has completed the COVID-19 vaccine series and would like to track/check the status of their immunity.
- Individuals who do not currently have symptoms but suspect that they have previously had the infection.
- Individuals who would like to check their immunity prior to a gathering with family or friends, or those who will be traveling.
The Rapid COVID-19 Antibody test is quick, simple, and produces results in 15 minutes. You can request an appointment for this test online, call your nearest location, ask your provider to add it on at your next visit, or simply walk-in to any of our locations. Stop only wondering if you have immunity to Covid-19. Put your mind at ease by learning your Covid-19 Antibody status at any Med First location, today!